Let’s Begin Again

I know I have let the blog go. Frustration can be demoralizing. I went into this endeavor with the hope of selling my items. While I produce a variety of items for sale, selling them is difficult in a world where people can buy similar mass produced items for less. It’s truly frustrating.

To me, working on crochet projects are art in action. While I must put a price on that, I live by cost times two. In other words, I take the cost of the supplies to make an item, and then I double it to price it. Yes, this means that it might cost more than mass produced items, but just think about this. Depending on the amount of time an item takes to create, I am in essence paying myself pennies and hour to produce an item that while similar to mass produce, is not. It is solely unique, because it was made by hand.

I researched patterns, either choosing to follow it or use it only as a baseline, then I find the materials need, following that is the actual work. Depending on the difficulty of such, the project can take at minimum a day for easy projects, and weeks for others. Now think of all that, and add in to it that I get to do all of that while also having a toddler jumping all over me. 😉 She makes an adorable model, but not a very helpful helper.

I will begin to update this site more often. Also, check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pg/WintersSolace/posts/?ref=page_internal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern and Yarn Review: Scarfie and the Iris Cowl

What Am I?

A Little Background