What Am I?


In the Know

Whether you need a blanket to cover you or a scarf and/or hat to warm you, Brenna Blanket Design has it for you.

Hats are primarily stitched on a loom knitter with a general e-stitch. Differences are noted on their individual tags. They are sized from infants to adults. They are generally bennies, some with Pom Pom’s at the top. Solids, to mixes, to a mixture of both. I have two signatures: the roll brim and the crochet brim. The roll is completed by stitching several rows, then rolling it back on itself. In adult hats, the roll is done twice for a thicker “brim.” The infant hats with the roll, are only rolled once. Crochet “brims” are started on a hook crochet needle. Generally, one to three rows of double or single crochet are completed and then the “brim” is transferred to the loom where the hat is completed.

Blankets are sized from infants to Queen sized. I only currently have one blanket completed in queen size, as this particular blanket takes a large amount of time to complete and is extremely costly. Most of the blankets I do are done in lap blanket size. Just enough to comfortably lay across my lap and keep my legs warm kind of lap blanket, not the cover me entirely kind. I also do a lot of baby blankets. These will range in size to simple infant to crib blankets, which are just slightly larger.  My signature stitch is used throughout most of my blankets. This stitch I have called the waterfall stitch creates a wave along the top of the blanket.

Scarfs range from child to adult. They are a myriad of widths and lengths, solid colored and multi, plain to embellishments of the design. These are primarily hooked with an 8 mm crochet hook, although I do on occasion use a loom for some specialty scarves. The plain scarves are simple double crochet, single skein of yarn. Embellishments can include but are not limited to: end tassels, end Pom Pom’s, unique stitches, and eternity scarves.

I work primarily with fleece yarns. Cost are determined by the amount of yarn used, the size of the item, the design of the item, the original cost of the yarn, and the time it takes to make the product. Most of the time, I take the original cost of the yarn used and simply double it to give me a price of the product.

I price everything in Euros as I am currently living in Europe. Conversion is constantly changing, but in my catalog, I do provide a general conversion in to U.S. dollars. There may be a slight upcharge in the U.S. rate since taking that in cash form means I have to convert it myself. If a piece needs to be mailed, the cost will be conveyed to the customer. Count on a 10-20€ charge for shipping and handling depending on the item’s size and/or the amount of items purchased. I can take payment in cash or credit. I'm working on getting the link for paypal on this page for further reference. 

              **Note: I make this comment on pricing largely for the bigger items, especially the queen-size blanket. This blanket took me 6 weeks to complete, and so even with a larger price to it, I am being paid only pennies per hour for the work done. I am generally willing to negotiate on pricing, but please remember that I create every design in my mind. I do all the work, and the cost of this yarn is on the heftier side. It runs, on average, 6-9€ a skein.  A baby blanket, on average, takes 4 skeins, sometimes more. At an 8€ skein pricing, that means I spent 32€ just on the yarn to make the blanket. Depending on the design, the price for the blanket will be 60-75€.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern and Yarn Review: Scarfie and the Iris Cowl

A Little Background